Sunday, May 31, 2015

Transfers today . . . .l get to stay in Sagay!


Transfers were today and I am still here in Sagay. The language is getting easier and I baptized my favorite investigator so far on Thursday.  She is my favorite because she is so sweet and loves to be around us and she was so receptive.


***Spencer didn't give me her name but she looks completely happy and also with her family in the picture below***
 
Did you hear the news about elder perry.  Pretty sad about him passing away.  He had thyroid cancer for the past 2 months.

Philippine fields
Saturday was stake conference and I met elder bowen of the quorum of the 70.  He spoke to us about church councils and ward councils and being united.  It was a really good conference.

So you said Nicolas is getting ready to take his permit test?  thats awesome. Isnt scary hes that old!!  Good luck, Nicolas.

We have been told that we are the top baptizing mission in the world and I think that is my favorite part of my mission so far.  I love baptisms.  It is so great to see the happiness of the people when they get baptized!


Villajuan Family

We are teaching a family, the Villajuan's, and they went to church the first week we met them and said they want to be baptized... then they started to have doubts because a member bragged about how much he gave in tithes and offerings and this family is struggling to survive.  It is difficult to see that and hard to take when they were ready to join the church.  Well, like you said mom, just love them and help them feel Heavenly Father's love.  Sometimes that is all we can do.

Pic from wedding last week
Well, that is it for now.  Love you all very much. see you next week.:) talk actually lol

Love,
Elder evans

No comments:

Post a Comment