Thursday, July 2, 2015

Down South!




So my new area is down south of Bacolod.  It is called Hinigaran.   I love my new area and my new companion. His name is Elder Cancel.  He is from manilla.  Hinigaran is a city area unlike Sagay which was more farmland and lots of space.  The only bummer is that it is really close to the beach.  I just want to run into the water and swim!! LOL.

Sundays are different here, too.  We, as missionaries, dont have to teach sunday school like we did in Sagay. The members are amazing and much stronger in this area, too.  However, the are much poorer here than in my last area.  So that is hard. 

Elder Cancel and I don't have as much "less active" visits as I did before. We just find invetigators and teach them.  Oh and my new mission president arrives on Wednsday.   His name is President Barredo and I will let you know more about him next week.

The cool thing is that I get to go on the computer everyday because we have a ward facebook.:)  We go to the computer shop everyday and share messages and other missionary stuff.:)  It is pretty awesome.

Talk to ya next week!  Same time, same place.
Love Elder Evans


****Some information about the new President and his wife:  

       Christopher Alameda Barredo, 44, and Ana Quillo Ongsingco Barredo, three children, Sumulong 2nd Ward, Marikina Philippines Stake: Philippines Bacolod Mission, succeeding President Marlo O. Lopez and Sister Memnet P. Lopez. Brother Barredo serves as a stake high councilor and is a former stake presidency counselor, bishop, institute teacher, Gospel Doctrine teacher, and missionary in the Philippines San Pablo Mission. Area facilities manager, Corporation of the Presiding Bishop. Born in Bacolod City, Philippines, to Carlos Flores Barredo and Rosario Caper Alameda Barredo.

       Sister Barredo serves as a ward Relief Society president and is a former stake Primary president, Gospel Doctrine teacher, institute teacher, and missionary in the Philippines Ilagan Mission. Born in Bacolod City, Philippines, to Robert Daipal Ongsingco and Leonisa Malunes Quillo Ongsingco.

No comments:

Post a Comment