Monday, September 28, 2015

Back to Work and Loving It!

Hi Family!

the sign says general surgery.. LOL!
 I feel so safe hahaha
This week has been a really good week.  Elder Dio is not "trunky" the way Elder Cancel was and we are back to work again.  The members in this area are all fantastic.

Sipalay is a country area not a big city so we are doing a lot of walking from house to house.  I am literally in the middle of nowhere.  But it is really green and beautiful view.  Another great thing is that my area is small!  Yay!  So we do walk a lot because the houses are far apart but the area/district is small.
 
goofy missionary face at zone mtg.
Since the district is small they don't have a Ward it is a Branch.  That is different and very small.  But they have awesome attendance, which is new.  The other areas were big but we had a hard time getting investigators and members to attend.  We have church at 9-12 then we have a special sacrament in our area in our apartement because the church building is really far for some of the members.  We have a room attached to our apartment that we hold the extra sacrament.  Our Branch President is awesome and really works with the missionaries.  It is amazing here.
View in Hinigaran

This week we were learning more of the area and the members and the investigators.  I found that we are about 5 seconds away from the beach.  That's the hardest thing now is to not go and run into the water.  Especially since it is hot during the day.  It does get cold at night because we are so close to the beach but that makes it easier to sleep! LOL

Just found out we all were transferring
I love my new companion, Elder Dio!  He is awesome and a hard worker.  He speaks Ilongo and Tagolog.  He only speaks Ilongo to me because that is all I understand! LOL  The members tell me that I am "sagad" (very skilled) in Ilongo.

I was sad to hear about Elder Scott passing away.  That's 3 apostles now that have died in the last couple of months.  General Conference will be exciting in a couple of weeks to see who is called in the place of the 3 apostles who have returned to heaven.

That's about it for now.  Make sure you send my razors soon.  I am almost out of the ones you sent me last.  I love all of you!!!!
Love,
Our last night as a district
Elder Evans



View of the beach in Tuyom








Town of Isabela when on exchanges
with Zone Leaders










No comments:

Post a Comment