Monday, November 2, 2015

It's already November! What!?!

House Pet - Toku
Hello Family!!

Its already November.. holy crap!!  It's gone so fast I can't believe it!

So I learned 2 things this week.  Filipinos are deaf.... and they treat dogs and God the same way.  So for the first thing, they asked me, "Where are you going?" and I said "Kabankalan"....... and they respond... "Cauyan"...I was like ....."uhh... no." 

 (**mom insert:  I think his American accent has a lot to do with it and not the deafness of the Philippine people. Unfortunately, I don't think Spencer realizes that ! )
  
Elder Dio, Jan and Elder Evans.
Kabankalan is where we spend our Mondays.  I go shopping there and whatever other stuff we have to do on our P-Day.

The second thing is that they have no respect for dogs.. they kick them throw stuff at them... just nothing nice and they treat God the same way. They don't give God the respect he deserves and they don't wanna go to church.  It hurts me so much to see their desire to learn of God disappear.  I didn't know what it ment to love as Christ before my mission.  Now I do.

I found another favorite hymn: Prayer is the Soul's Sincere Desire.  I read it in personal study and it really made me feel the Spirit.  The words are amazing and have helped me this week.
Zone Activity

Not much more has happened this week. Thank you for all the emails and packages.  I love you all TONS!! Talk to ya next week.

Love,
Elder Evans







Elder Dio's Artwork



No comments:

Post a Comment