Sunday, February 21, 2016

AWE-Mazing!!!


Bacolod Philippines Mission 187 Missionaries
Dear Family,
This past week was so spiritual of course! Elder Nelson was so amazing to meet. He is so much shorter than I thought. They had a professional photographer so I will try to attach a copy and you can try and find me in 187 missionaries..heehee!
I am so happy for dad! That new calling is perfect for him. Did he replace BJ Hunter:) Its good that he got another Mr. Incredible car. Hopefully I will be able to see him squeeze into it in 10 short months. :)  Hopefully he gets a "blue" cruz.. hahaha I jut had to throw some Jeff Dunham in there haha.
So you are still in the Primary huh. I would expect you and sister nguyen to be a tag team in RS!!!! But that's OK Heavenly Father has a plan for everyone! 

The weather here is the same. One day just hot and humid, then over night we get typhoon weather but no typhoon:) thank goodness. I like the typhoon weather  because its not hot and the rain feels so good when we walk to appointments.
How are the siblings doing in school?  The extra curricular activities are great and I am so happy and excited for them:) Tell them to focus in school. I wish I would have paid more attention to get better grades:)!
My new area is great and I think I am starting to see the fruits of my labor:) We had Nicolas, (the baptism in January) get confirmed and we have 1 baptism each week for the next month:) I am so excited and hope they go well.  My new area is Masville in the La Carlota zone. I am still in the South the only area that wasn't in the south was Sagay.. (My first area)! Elder Candilasa and I were in Tuyom in the southern most zone of the mission! I dont have that many pictures this week but I will send you the pic of Russell M. Nelson:)
Elder Nelson taught us more about Jesus Christ and his titles so that we could have a better knowledge of who we serve! He was accompanied by his secretary and 1 body guard that was like the size of a WWE wrestle.r I was scared. His secretary was a twig.. I was like," HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE!" Elder Hayne of the area presidency accompanied him too and he said something that I hold really close to me, " The world will attack the prophet Joseph with NO SUCCESS." I thought that was the coolest thing bc he gave proof of Joseph Smith from the Bible.(Isaiah 29). I learned so much but I have it all writen in my study journal.
I hope all is well and if you could send me a picture of Pj. I ask this becasue Elder Cagampang who is in the same house says he knows Pj.  He was in his ward apparently because he is from Quezon city. So if you can send that that would be AWE-Mazing!!!

Love,
ELder Evans
****Mommy note:  In the picture, Spencer is third row in from the front and third missionary in from the left.  Hopefully you will be able to find him :) ***

No comments:

Post a Comment