Sunday, March 13, 2016

A Strong Testimony from a Strong Member!

Dear family,

That is awesome to hear about Nicolas but my question.. WHO IS BRIANNA THOMAS:)!!! hahaha. That shows you how much I know about our ward/stake. I am supper happy for him. Mormon Prom is really fun and he will have a good time.

Grandma emailed me about Meaghen's interest in sports and I am super excited to hear she wants basketball and golf.. but sorry to break it to you all.... I think I am still the best hahaha. We will find out in 9 months:):)

The funny thing is your weather is the exact opposite of my weather... 100 degrees and humid... BLAH

An amazing member of the ward
This week Ryian Suyo got baptized and Jing is getting baptized next week and I FINALLY have weekly baptisms:) It took me 13 months but I finally got there:) Ryian Suyo had little interest in our message but as he came to church that next Sunday he grew interest. He went to the YSA (young single adult) devotional with Elder Nelson and then he had "no doubt to be baptized!" His mom said, "Is this really what you wanna do..." Ryian replied," I have made up my mind!" He wants to serve a mission and I can see him being a branch president in 5-6 years:)

SO I have an amazing story about a member that has taught me to not take things for granted!!! This member has the exact face as Grandpa Rimington and he has been a member a long time. He is endowed and really active! He had a stroke a while back and his whole left side is non functional that's why when he walks his leg is little hard to move. He wakes up at 4:30am to get ready for church on Sunday.  He leaves his house at 5:30am! He arrives at 6:30am and church does not start till 8:30am! He has been my motivation in this area. And I think to myself when I have been too casual or take things for granted I remember this awesome member and his testimony of our Savior!


Love,
Elder Evans

1 comment:

  1. I remember that man from when I served in Masville in 2006! Glad to see that his testimony is as strong as ever. That guy is one of the greatest examples of enduring to the end I have ever encountered in my life.

    ReplyDelete