Monday, January 18, 2016

Joy, Sorrow & Pain -- Life

Dear Family,

Me and the 2 future missionaries of Tuyom Jan Paulo Dayondon PiellaBush Magbanua
This week has been a week of joy, sorrow and pain! We have a lot of investigators and we are getting this area to the place we know it is capable of being. We had members work with us everyday and we have that as our companion goal for this upcoming week. We had 3 investigators attend church and if they attend next week we will have a baptism on January 30th.. (So pray that they keep the Spirit and desire to get baptized):) 

This was a spiritual week because I had a personal interview with President and I felt the spirit of the Lord in that interview. I know that I will come out of this service and mission a better and changed man!!! I love that I can go to my mission President with any matter and know that he will be there to help:)

After the FHE at Bush Magbanua's house
The meaning of an "RC" is recent convert and they just graduated to a member because they have been baptized for more than a year. An RC is only a title if you have been a member for less than 1 year:) We have an FHE at their house later tonight and I hope that we will have a big turnout and a really fun time:)

A package update.... I have eaten everything and I am loving that I have more/extra paper and razors:) I am downloading more pictures now and adding captions to the pictures that I forgot.. HEHE!!!!

We are finding new investigators every day and even though they didn't go to church they are a true testament of the Lord preparing people for his disciples!!! I love this work so much and this 2nd year is going so fast and I will be home faster then I want:( At the beginning of my mission I wanted my mission to go faster, but now I wish I could extend because even though I hate when they say," HEY JOE...WHY ARE YOU HERE" I have still grown a love for these people and my love for my Lord and Savior. :)
MOM... MOM look what I made... I can make adobo (filipino dish:)
pork,potatoes,soy sause, pinapple, and love
I miss you guys so much and I hope all is going well:) You are always in my prayers and even though I am far away I can still feel the love from your prayers:)!!!<3

Love always,
Elder Evans

P.S. 347 days left till I come home :D



No comments:

Post a Comment