Saturday, February 28, 2015

One More Week!

Kamusta (hello) everyone,


This week is going to be a very crazy week. I leave the MTC in 6 days and I am going to Tokyo. Then to Manila. This week has been awesome just getting more fluent at the language and getting ready to leave. I just had infield orientation yesterday and that was awesome. If anyone knows who Elder Christensen from the District is, I got to meet him yesterday and that was fun because he is a very fun, entertaining guy.







 I appreciate all the letters you have sent me. I hope I get more. Nicolas that is an amazing score. 39!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! keep going. Meaghen I cant believe you got called to be the Beehive president. Enjoy it. It doesn't last long. I promise that it will be a very spiritual experience for you.

I got to attend a devotional on Tuesday where brother Cassue of the Presiding Bishopric spoke and that was a great devotional because he spoke with such power and it was great to get someone other than the 70. HAHAH. 

Time here is flying and I cant believe that in one week I will be in Bacolod preaching the gospel. I found out that we are in Manila because our visa is only for 3 months so we stop there to extend it for 2 years.  I will miss the MTC because I haven't felt the spirit this strong everyday ever before.

 I got to teach my second Skype lesson yesterday and I taught a member Annie. She was great and had a great spirit. My teacher brother Winfield spoke to her after and she said that me and my companion Elder Benedict had great companionship unity, and we made the lesson very personable. My teacher said that that was one of the best lessons he has seen in the MTC in a while.  They gives me so much confidence knowing that I can teach the gospel in a different language and with power and authority.

Hey mom I know its a long shot but if you could send a bug net to me before Thursday that would be amazing. I got the package with the socks and I love them. Me and my roommates have eaten all the treats and I wear the socks all the time. I am glad to hear that everything is going great at home, Dad thanks again for keeping me posted on sports. That is one of the hardest things not being able to have on a mission. I have no problems with anything else but sports is so hard to give up for me.  I have been taking a lot of pictures and I will have so many pictures in the Tokyo airport. It is so scary to think that today was the last day I will be in a U.S. temple for 23 months. I am so excited to leave the MTC. I know that when I leave the MTC that the time will fly 3X as fast.  

I'm sorry if some of you are offended because I send you "short" emails. I only have one hour and in that one hour I am only sending one huge mass email to my mom and then she will pass the word to all of you guys. I love you but I don't get as much time as I wish I had. I am proud to say that I have gained 10 pounds since I entered the MTC and 6 out of the 10 pounds is food. The other 4 is muscle from the weight room here at the MTC. I also want to apologize now but when I get to the Philippines most of my emails will be Illongo because when I get the field I will be speaking so much Illongo that I will forget a lot of English so I will try and translate as best as I can.

This last week will fly so fast but I know that I will be ready when I get to the Philippines and I cant wait to go there and get started. I heard that my new mission president is a great guy and I cant wait to get to know him. As I have been here as a district leader it has been so hard to be a leader but I have learned good qualities that I will be able to take and use in the Philippines that will help bless investigators lives.  I was able to host again this week and it is always crazy to think that 6 weeks ago that was me entering the MTC at the start of my mission. If you guys wanna see real life Filipino life watch on YouTube the video "One call, Bacolod City" it is a very spiritual video and uplifting to see how difficult it is to survive in the Philippines due to the poverty that is there.

Along with the language I have learned so much new doctrine of the gospel that I didn't know before.I cant wait to hear from you all soon. Hey mom. One more thing my teacher who went to Bacolod said it would be smart to have jeans. So could you please send a pair of my dark blue hawk jeans. If you could do that, that would be awesome. I pray for all of you everyday and I miss you all so much and thank you for your support that you all have for me. It means so much to me.

Palangga taka permi (Love always),
Elder Evans

No comments:

Post a Comment